We are grateful for the valuable skills and expertise that so many sisters willingly share with the Fraternity. While our volunteers give of their time and talents, our hope is that we are also providing opportunities to grow leadership potential among our membership.
The appointment process for the 2013–2015 Volunteer Service Team has begun. We hope you will consider sharing your time and talents with Alpha Gamma Delta. In turn, we will commit to investing in your growth by providing opportunities to develop and master skills in some of the following areas:
- Assembling and participating in virtual teams
- Consulting and coaching in a multigenerational environment
- Identifying inconsistencies and/or patterns in information and effectively using resources to resolve issues
- Guiding the performance and development of others
- Facilitating groups of stakeholders through problem solving or change processes
- Using organizational values, professional standards and established policies and procedures in decision-making
- Generating commitment and enthusiasm from others to set and achieve challenging objectives.
- Facilitating difficult conversations with others by giving honest and timely feedback
- Developing relationships through mutual trust and commitment to a common vision
International Council appoints Volunteer Service Team members for two-year terms that begin on June 1 in off-Convention years. All positions are considered open and available for appointment by current or new volunteers. While previous Alpha Gamma Delta volunteer experience is required for some positions, your professional and other volunteer experiences will also be carefully considered. We need your skills, excitement and diverse perspectives to lead our Fraternity in supporting her communities and developing her members.
Volunteer Service Team job descriptions are available on the Fraternity website. Each member interested in being considered for an appointment will need to complete and submit a Volunteer Application, which includes a recommendation form. VST applicants are asked to obtain at least one recommendation from another member of Alpha Gamma Delta. We encourage you to review the VST job descriptions and determine the position(s) or area(s) that best meet your interests and experience. Apply at the following site, https://scholarselect.com/scholarships/9205-volunteer-service-team-application, which has further instructions. Cover letters and professional resumes are welcome but optional. If you have any questions please contact Lisa Straiton Williams, Alumnae Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The members of International Council recognize that our members are the Fraternity’s greatest assets. We look forward to hearing from those of you interested in seeking a Volunteer Service Team position by April 10, 2013.
Loyally in epsilon pi,
International Vice President-Alumnae
For International Council